The Outreach and Development Coordinator is a full-time position with benefits.
- Donor Cultivation: With the Executive Director, target and facilitate donor support. Schedule donor events such as tours of project buildings, one-on-one meetings, and project review.
- Social Media/Marketing: Prepare monthly E-News on Constant Contact. Manage and update Facebook, Instagram, and website to promote WHALE’s projects and programs to increase outreach. Work with the Executive Director and staff on Press Releases for all projects.
- Community Outreach and Neighborhood Planning: Work with an active committee (the Community Committee) of volunteers on neighborhood outreach to understand community opportunities and needs. Work with the Board and staff to integrate community needs into the WHALE project pipe-line.
- Grant Writing: Work with the Executive Director on targeting and applying for grants for operations, neighborhood planning and projects.
- Community Meeting and Event Management: Work with the Community Committee and Executive Director to establish a yearly community meeting and event program and budget. Execute the logistics of each meeting/event.
- Membership: Working with the Executive Director, develop an annual plan for membership development through outreach and programs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate: 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization. One to two years of experience in outreach/development or related field strongly preferred. Excellent and proven communication skills in person, in writing, and on the phone. Graphic design experience desired. Ability to meet shifting deadlines with a commitment to producing high-quality work. Comfort working independently and taking initiative to solve problems creatively. Excellent organizational skills and familiarity with database management. High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and energy. Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of WHALE and historic preservation in New Bedford. Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment. Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel to sites for program activities.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 31; materials may be addressed to Teri Bernert, Executive Director. Please include “Application for Outreach and Development Coordinator” in subject line.
WHALE is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.